Two words define the Lewiston/Altura communities: Pride and Hope.
- Pride from a dedicated staff of teachers. Fostering great academias, artists, and athletes to benefit Lewiston/Altura and far beyond.
- Pride in a rich agricultural heritage. Supporting all types of farming, both large and small, working together to feed our nation and the world.
- Pride in the small business community. Working long and hard to provide jobs, new technology, and services to grow the entire area, and propel Lewiston/Altura into the new Global marketplace.
- Hope in the future of our youth to take the lessons learned and apply them in a positive means.
- Hope in the growth and prosperity of the entire Lewiston/Altura area.
- Hope, that tomorrow will always be better then today.
The mission of Heartland Preservation Society is to provide support directly to the Lewiston/Altura and surrounding areas, by spearheading community projects, providing scholarships, and small business incentive.
Heartland Preservation Society has targeted two Lewiston/Altura projects, the restoration of I.S.D. 38 (Wirt District) school house, and a press box facility for the Cardinal athletic programs.
By embracing the small town values of hope, pride, faith and hard work, the value system on which Lewiston/Altura is built on, all goals are attainable. Heartland Preservation Society will be accepting tax deductible donations and starting fundraising activities immediately.